Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Life of a Couch Potato

It's no secret that I love television. After all, network television upfronts are some of my favorite days of the year. As the new fall television season approaches, I cannot help but get excited for my "secondary escape." The schedule below is a result of said excitement.

Disclaimer #1: I am not a 300-pound man who lives on a diet of soda and potato chips (and I even exercise!).
Disclaimer #2: I will view few of these shows in real-time, but I like the schedule concept nonetheless.


Monday
7 p.m.: Heroes (NBC)
The show doesn't deserve another chance, but I'll give it one or two episodes. I never divorce shows that I'm with from the beginning, but Heroes is mighty close to being dropped.

8 p.m.: Gossip Girl (CW)
I'm ashamed to say I watch this. I have the music taste of a teenage girl, so why can't my television interests follow suit?

9 pm: Nothing(!)
Maybe I'll actually do something productive.... yeah, right.

Tuesday
7 p.m. - 8 p.m.: So You Think You Can Dance (FOX)
My favorite summer show makes the move to prime time, and I definitely won't have a problem being just as obsessed.

9 p.m.: The Good Wife (CBS)
Politics plus pop culture? I am so there.

Wednesday
7 p.m.: So You Think You Can Dance (results show) (FOX)
More filler, but the group dances are some of my favorites.

8 p.m.: Glee (FOX)
Last fall's pilot was the most fun and original hour of television in quite sometime. Crossing my fingers that the rest of the episodes keep pace.

9 p.m.: Modern Family (ABC) (recorded from 8 p.m.)
A fall comedy with huge potential. Plus, I've always had a thing for Julie Bowen.

Thursday
7 p.m.: Survivor (CBS)
The granddaddy of all reality television, and I still cannot get enough.

8 p.m.: Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
The final three episodes of last season were classic Grey's. Hopefully Ellen Pompeo's pregnancy doesn't screw up the momentum.

9 p.m.: Flash Forward (ABC) (recorded from 7 p.m.)
The sci-fi show that bumped Ugly Betty to Friday. I'll test it out for a few episodes.

Friday
7 p.m.: Nothing (again!)
Actually, I'd like to try out both Parks & Recreation and Community... maybe they both can go here.

8 p.m: Southland (NBC)
Without question, last year's most underrated show. I'm praying that there are enough fans to keep it alive.

9 p.m.: Ugly Betty (ABC) (recorded from 9 p.m.)
Friday is the night where shows go to die. Is Betty really on life support?

Saturday
I need a life. No Saturday television for me.

Sunday
7 p.m: The Amazing Race (CBS)
One day I'll be a contestant. One day...

8 p.m.: Desperate Housewives (ABC)
Has definitely fallen from it's first season glory, but it's still good for a few laughs.

9 p.m: Brothers & Sisters (ABC)
My favorite drama hit a few bumps last season, but I am confident season four will bring the show back to form. (My advice: more Nora, less Ryan.)

Even with all that, I still haven't found time to get into critically-acclaimed shows like 30 Rock, The Office, and How I Met Your Mother. Plus LOST, American Idol, and Parenthood all hit the airwaves mid-season. Where there's a will, there's a way, right?

Happy watching...

1 comment:

Brian @ PWYJudges said...

My suggestion: ditch Heroes for HIMYM. You'll thank me later.

So excited for SYTYCD this fall! I expect weekly reviews!