Monday, May 17, 2010

"Terrified"

After a three month hiatus, I'm back with my self-important and (mostly) meaningless blog posts. The world is the same as it was three months ago, when I last posted about the Oscars (shocker!). American Idol continues to disappoint, Glee is the gayest thing on television, and I still have an unhealthy crush on Kelly Clarkson. Well, I guess the passing of the health care bill was a "big f*cking deal," but I digress.

It would've been great to come back into the blogosphere with an earth-shattering entry. Unfortunately, for anyone reading this, I'm back with something that is neither timely nor relevant. I've already posted the subject on facebook and twitter, but I guess it's worth using 300 words on the subject anyhow.

It's a well-known secret that this season's American Idol is the reality juggernaut's worst. Simon is coasting, Ellen is a disappointment, and if it weren't for Crystal Bowersox we'd be headed for the worst Idol winner since that gray-haired train-wreck, Taylor Hicks. Other than Mama Sox, there has been one great find this season -- "Terrified," an unknown song written by Idol's newly-crowned cougar, Kara Dioguardi.

Didi Benami, one of the many female contestants eliminated faaaaar too early this season, put the song on the map in the early Hollywood rounds. See below:



After falling in love with Didi's version I found the "original" version recorded by another American Idol alum, Katharine McPhee, last year. The song has already broken 50 plays on my iTunes play count. Not too shabby for a song that I downloaded only a few months ago. If you haven't heard the song, take a listen. Every so often it's good to be a little "Terrified:"

1 comment:

Brian @ PWYJudges said...

To be honest, I had completed forgotten this performance (despite Slezak's constant mentions of it). Thanks for posting the video so I can see it again and actually appreciate it!